1. World Missionary Press has printed Scriptures in 346 languages. To print in 300 languages was a goal God gave co-founder Watson Goodman at the beginning of the work 56 years ago. The 300th language—Hmong Daw for Vietnam, Laos, and Thailand—was produced in January 2000.
2. Each 48-page topical Scripture booklet costs an average of less than 5 cents to produce and ship, including all overhead costs.
3. WMP does not sell any materials. Everything is given away free. Literature has been distributed in 210 nations and territories of the world.
4. WMP often sends 20-ft. and 40-ft. ship containers which hold up to 2.1 million booklets. Every container saves WMP thousands of dollars over what the post office would charge for the same amount. Last fiscal year WMP shipped 182,836 ten-pound boxes of Scripture booklets, including 47 container-size shipments destined for 145 nations.
5. WMP spends $15,800 every week for shipping and mailing booklets (including about $2,850/week on the postage meter).
6. More than 36,000 distributors worldwide request WMP Scripture booklets.
7. WMP receives many hundreds of emails and letters every month asking for literature. More than 80 WMP national coordinators also receive requests for WMP literature from within their own nations.
8. One 35-inch wide roll of paper, 12 miles long, prints the equivalent of the inside pages of 85,000 Scripture booklets and costs, on average, $1,071.
9. This past fiscal year (ending September 30, 2017) WMP produced in-plant the equivalency of 87,939,738 Scripture booklets, Bible studies, and New Testaments—an average of 7,328,312 every month.
10. Nearly 700 volunteers from more than 100 churches donate their time to WMP to work on the binderies, New Testament production, or mailings.
11. During the past fiscal year, 9,050,000 Scripture booklets and salvation coloring books were printed in India; 1,300,000 Scripture booklets, Bible study booklets, and coloring books were printed in Indonesia; 200,000 Scripture booklets were printed in Myanmar (Burma); 50,000 Scripture booklets were printed in Nepal; 45,000 Bible study booklets in Pakistan, and 200,000 Scripture booklets were printed in Mongolia.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.